- 10.1 Inch HD Multi-Touch Display
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core Mobile Processor
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- NVIDIA GeForce GPU
- 1GB DDR2 Memory
- 16GB on board
- MicroSD memory card up to 32GB
- 802.11b/g/n Wireless(802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Micro USB 2.0 Port; USB 2.0 Port; Micro HDMI Out (support Dual Display); MicroSD Slot
- 5MP Rear Facing Camera with Auto Focus and single LED flash 2MP Front Facing Camera
- Sensors:G-Sensor, E-Compass, L-Sensor, Gyro-meter
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer Battery
- Up to 8-hours battery life
- 10.2 x 7 x 0.5 inches ; 1.686 lbs. (765 g)
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic) Features
The Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u features a magnificent 10 inch touchscreen, and also comes with attractive metallic design, which is a revolutionary new addition to your mobile arsenal. The powerful NVIDIA Tegra 2 is the first mobile dual-core CPU, it delivers the fastest, most visually-rich tablet experience, and extreme multitasking for effortless multimedia enjoyment. Check updates from your Facebook and Twitter contacts in a single glance! Enjoy face-to-face video chats and more with the 5MP rear-facing and 2MP front-facing camera.
The Acer Iconia Tab A500 has been designed to maximize content enjoyment, which offers a rich and vibrant experience on the user-friendly 10.1 inch multi-touch screen display with an amazing 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio, as well as advanced flash support. You can enjoy all your HD content in crystal-clear form.
Additionally, the orientation-less design ensures optimal on-screen viewing from every angle, from up and down or left to right. The extremely intuitive Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system has been specifically optimized for tablets, and it combined with Acer UI to make a whole new level of interactivity, placing all resources at your fingertips.
Simple touch operations allow quick and easy media playback, users are able to scribble notes, create sketches, and have fun with intuitive touch games.
The Power to Play
The Acer Iconia Tab A500 is powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and NVIDIA GeForce graphics, which boasts the fastest, most visually-rich tablet experience, as well as ultimate multitasking for effortless multimedia enjoyment.
Enjoy the best Web experience with up to two times faster browsing, smooth streaming with full Adobe Flash support, and console-quality gaming .
Enjoy rich audio experience with Dolby Mobile Technology. Connect the micro-HDMI Out to your widescreen TV to enjoy movies, photos and more in full HD glory.
The Tab A500 is the first mobile device providing an arcade-like gaming experience with 10 point multi-touch control for high-level gaming, which is equal to the best game consoles. With preloaded full versions of best games like Electronic Arts ‘Need for Speed: SHIFT’ and Gameloft ‘Let’s Golf’, you will have a lot of fun.
The battery delivers up to 8-hours of cable-free battery life, you are free to browse the web, send email, view photos, watch HD videos, play high-end games and read ebooks wherever you are!
The Iconia Tab A500 has been designed with an aluminum casing, giving a cool, metallic tactile sensation. The high-gloss anodized finish with textured engraving represents sophistication. The smooth, rounded surface feels comfortable in your hand.
You can check updates from your Facebook and Twitter contacts via SocialJogger.
Enjoy face-to-face video chats and more with the 5MP rear-facing and 2MP front-facing camera.
With Acer Clear.fi, you are able to manage, store, share, and enjoy media between any Clear.fi enabled devices, everywhere throughout your home.
Thanks to Acer Sync, you can wirelessly synchronize your contacts, calendar, photos and video clips between your Acer Tab and PC.
Enhance connectivity and expand storage via USB ports and Micro-SD card.
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic): Customer Reviews
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic) has been reviewed and rated by reviewers on Amazon. It has also received positive comments from reviewers.
Here are some of the positive comments to date (Pros):
- MicroSD card slot
- USB port makes file transferring easy. You can plug in external flash drives or a USB keyboard. Yes, it has a USB host port so it can externally power or charge devices through the port.
- HDMI port – easy projection to your HDTV. The A500 screen has about the same aspect ratio as most HDTVs, so you will be able to take full advantage of the area on your HDTV.
- If you use Google applications like Gmail, Picasa, Docs, Maps, Youtube, etc., the integration is excellent. You log in with your Gmail account and all your Google data is synched to the device within minutes.
- Android Honeycomb is way better than Apple iOS. It is much more customizable and supports true multitasking.
- Long battery life
- The tablet comes with the keyboard (which has a network jack as well as 2 USB ports). The tablet itself has an HDMI port, microSD, 2 USB ports and 1 headphone/speaker port.
- It also has both front and rear facing cameras.
- The sound on the tablet is really good, for such a small thing to have such good sound.
- The viewing angle is good, and easily sharable with a person sitting next to you.
Conclusion from customers
Because of the USB port this device is a better value than the Transformer too, which doesn’t have USB port without the separate docking station.
The A500 is a perfect balance of beauty, sturdiness, size, brightness/clarity, expandability, with all the necessary ports built-in and provided, and allowing for USB charging.
This is a fast, powerful tablet, great screen, long battery life. A good value.
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic) Specifications
|Operating System||Android 3.0 Honeycomb|
|Processor||NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core Mobile Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GPU
|Storage||16GB on board|
|Display||10.1 inch HD Multi-Touch Display 16:10 aspect ratio|
|Display Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Audio||Dual Analog Microphone
|Webcam||5MP Rear Facing Camera with Auto Focus and single LED flash
2MP Front Facing Camera
|Wireless LAN||802.11b/g/n Wireless (802.11n 2.4GHz only)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR|
|Ports||Micro USB 2.0 Port
USB 2.0 Port
Micro HDMI Out (support Dual Display)
MicroSD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
|Sensors:||G-Sensor, E-Compass, L-Sensor, Gyro-meter|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||10.2 x 7.0 x 0.5 inches|
|Weight||1.686 lbs. (765 g)|
|Power/Battery||Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery (3260 mAh)
Up to 8 hours of Battery Life
|Package Includes||ICONIA Tab A500 Picasso Tablet PC, Lithium Polymer Battery, Charger, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide|
*720p is the current resolution supported. 1080p will be available by June 2011 via software upgrade.
*Battery life varies depending on product specifications, tablet settings and applications or features launched.
*Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
*Sale subject to Limited Warranty and Terms & Conditions agreement. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available at all retail locations. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by retail location. Applicable taxes extra. Not responsible for pricing or other typographical errors.
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic) Images
Disclaimer Notice: All photography is owned or licensed by Acer.
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic) is now available on Amazon.
Date first available: May 5, 2011
Retail Price: $449.99
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u vs. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
The following comparison has been reviewed by a reviewer on Amazon.
- FREEDOM (even) – They are both non-iPad tablets that are technologically on par (and here and there superior) with the ‘leader’ AND reasonably priced AND, unlike the iPad, they don’t force us, the paying customers, into some ‘ecosystem’ mandatory straightjacket. While not perfect, both the Transformer and Iconia offer a great deal when it comes to features and expandability. The Honeycomb is a reasonably open OS. You are free by default as you should be. There’s no need to jailbreak because you’re free. You can shop on more than one app store, do comparison shopping, download beta code and you can even run Flash.
- PRICE (Transformer) – with everything else more or less equal, the Asus tablet beats the Iconia by $50. It can be argued that the Iconia has some advantages – I like its solid aluminum backside – but the Transformer has its own so, on a Dollar vs. Dollar competition, the Transformer wins. They each come with options and expansions but, unlike cars, you can get a lot off the base models.
- DISPLAY (even) – Both come with 10.1 inch, 16×9 (wide screen). In my view, they both beat the iPad’s 9.7 inch screen which is in a 4×3 format. Apples has a few more square inches but movies show much better on a 16×9 screen. The viewing angle is quite wide with few distortions and the colors are rich and bright when used in a room under natural or artificial light. Outside, the glare is significant.
- RESOLUTION (even) – 1280×800 on both the Transformer and the Iconia translate in 30% more pixels than iPad’s and a few more pixels per square inch.
- INTERNAL MEMORY (even) – 1GB is twice as much than iPad’s (better multi-tasking) and on par with the more expensive Xoom.
- PROCESSOR (even) – 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 (2 x Cortex A9) is on par with Xoom, clock speed similar with iPad 2.
- STORAGE (even) – 16 GB, same as iPad 2 but Xoom comes with 32GB. Both are expandable through microSD.
- WEIGHT (even) – they are both slightly heavier than the iPad or the Xoom but only slightly.
- CAMERAS (Iconia) – they both come with 5MP rear camera for picture or video-taking but the Iconia has a 2MP front facing vs. the Transformer’s 1.2MP. In addition, the Iconia has a flash which the Transformer lacks. Iconia’s pictures appeared a little crisper to me.
- PHYSICAL BUILT (Iconia) – Transformer’s plastic back is not a major concern to me but Iconia’s solid aluminum armor makes it the clear winner in this category. The Iconia feels like a solid, well-designed product.
- MULTIMEDIA (Transformer) – I had problems with the Iconia accessing content from other media servers on the network while all was more or less flawless with the Transformer. It’s a significant plus for the Transformer but my friend is telling me that the Iconia may get a soft upgrade soon that should take care of this. To be fair, I had to update the Transformer before I could use some of the cooler (MyCloud) features.
- EXTRA FEATURES (Transformer) – The Transformer comes with a well thought/designed dock/keyboard/expansion option that will effectively ‘transform’ it into an Android-running netbook. Do people who buy tablets actually want to transform them into netbooks? That’s a good question. I’m not sure I do but at least one of my kids believes that he could use the physical keyboard. The Transformer’s MyCloud makes it very easy to remotely control other computers and get access to digital content.
I didn’t have sufficient time to extensively test battery life or downloaded apps but I can say that Kindle and Gmail work great on both tablets.
Following the 2-day swap we both agree that The Transformer has the edge at this time and, unless something completely new and unexpected emerges in the next couple of months we are both likely to get a Transformer as our second tablet. However, there is the AVAILABILITY category where, at the time I’m writing this, the Iconia beats the Transformer hands down because you can actually buy one at the list price. This is going to change, for sure.
My friend likes the Iconia and so do I but we both like the Transformer more. Let me say this: I missed my Transformer over the weekend. We only wish we could get one or, in my case, a second one.
|Retail Price: $449.00|
|Amazon Price: View Sale Price|
|» Shop now|
|Price as of 5/19/2013 22:24 UTC - Details|
|Retail Price: Varies based on product options|
|Amazon Price: View Sale Price|
|» Shop now|
|Price as of 5/19/2013 22:24 UTC - Details|